**Requested material now accepted until September 30th***
EWA scriptwriter’s residency programme is an initiative dedicated to supporting the career of the next generation of screenwriting talents among EWA members. It helps them to enter the industry with the best script possible by working on the strategic positioning of their project . Its purpose is to give a selected woman scriptwriter or director the opportunity to be mentored by a script consultant, to work with her before the Berlinale and to attend the EFM at the Berlinale 2019 to make connections.
‘Despite the fact that I am back in a rollercoaster of everyday duties with all the other projects and my kids, I keep a memory of the residency as an important and precious kick off which pushed me so much ahead. It also helped me build up my self-confidence as a female author with a unique view on things.’ Andrea Culkova
Who is eligible?
- female scriptwriter, screenwriter/director or screenwriter/producer with a European nationality and resident in Europe (47 Council of Europe countries) having written or directed at least one feature film (fiction or documentary) distributed (Theatrically/TV/wide festival trajectory) in one European country. No screenwriter teams are accepted.
- who is an EWA member. If you are not an EWA member you can join us now – Why join ? Find out more about the member’s perks
- who has a first draft of a script in English for a full length feature film. Fiction only.
the principal photography of the film should be done in Europe
2. copy of valid ID
3. Draft script in English
4. Synopsis in English
5. Project status information
6. Motivation letter for the residency in English.
7. Evidence of release of previous films
*** send the requested material before September 30th***
A committee of three industry experts will select the best project among those received.
The Offer: travel costs from and to Berlin. accommodation in a private room + access to a kitchen in Berlin starting from 17 January 2019 – and ending 17 February 2019, including four working sessions with a well-known script consultant (3 in Berlin + 1 Skype session after the Berlinale) and accreditation for the Berlinale.
For more details, visit www.ewawomen.com.