The list of inspiring speakers includes:
- Siobhán McSweeney, Actor and Activist
- Louise O’ Neill, author
- Roe McDermott, Journalist
- Dil Wickremasinghe, broadcaster and mental health advocate
- Ciara Fanning, president of the Irish Second Level Students’ Union
- Owodunni Mustapha, Activist with Ballyhanuis Integration project
- Fathi Mohamed, Activist with National Youth Council of Ireland
The event will feature a performance from Avoca Reaction
MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED IN COMING DAYS.
- Provide a fun and engaging space for young women aged 16-25 to engage with issues relating to leadership from a feminist perspective.
- Explore and raise awareness of the issues affecting young women in Ireland today
- Empower young women to use their own voice and agency by asking them to set practical objectives on how to address these issues into the future.
- Create an important opportunity for engagement with a diverse group of women from all over Ireland, and from varying backgrounds.
FemFest is a safe, inclusive space for young women. You can include preferred pronouns on your lanyard and we will have gender neutral bathrooms. For more information on inclusion and accessibility you can e-mail our Accessibility Officer, Susan McCormack on firstname.lastname@example.org