Solstice Arts Centre announces a TWO-DAY festival of film screenings and workshops as part of the Meath Film Festival taking place in Solstice Arts Centre on Sept 16th & 17th!
Meath Film Festival is taking place in Solstice Arts Centre on September 16th & 17th. Solstice Associated Artist and WFT Member Siún O’Connor formed Meath Film Collective in 2021 as part of her residency at Solstice. Following on from the first successful film festival in 2022, Meath Film Collective are delighted to be back with a new 2-day festival this September. The festival will showcase local and national talent and strengthen the vibrant filmmaking community in the county.
The film festival will include three feature films (North Circular, Pray for our Sinners and Sunlight), as well as Q+A’s, short films, workshops, a competition to win €1,000 and more!
Schedule for Meath Film Festival
Sat 16 September
Animation Workshop | 10am | 150 mins | Studio | €15 (not included in general festival ticket)
Short Film Programme 1 | 2pm | 75 mins | Auditorium
Editing Workshop | 2:30pm – 4pm | 90mins | Studio | €15 (not included in general festival ticket)
Short Film Programme 2 | 3:30pm | 75 mins | Auditorium
Feature Film NORTH CIRCULAR + Q&A with dir. Luke McManus & producer Elaine Gallagher | 7pm | Auditorium
Sun 17 September
60 Second Films by young people | 11am | 60 mins | Auditorium
Short Film Programme 3 | 12:30pm | 90 mins | Auditorium
Feature Film PRAY FOR OUR SINNERS + Q&A with director Sinéad O’Shea | 2:30pm | Auditorium
24 Hour Film Challenge screenings | 4:45pm | 75 mins | Auditorium
24 Hour Film Challenger winner announcement | 7:15pm
Feature Film SUNLIGHT + Q&A with director Claire Dix | 7:45pm | Auditorium
24 Hour Film Challenge
This year in association with Discover Boyne Valley, Meath Film Festival launched an exciting new 24 hour film competition with a cash prize of €1000! Meath Film Festival is extending the registration deadline for their ‘24 Hour Film Challenge’ until this Sunday the 10th of September.
- In this exciting competition, participants will have 24 hours to write, shoot, edit and upload their short film (max 5 mins). Successful entrants will have their film screened at this year’s festival and the winner will receive a €1000 prize!
- The theme is “Holidaying in Meath” and any genre is accepted.
- You must be available to participate in this challenge from Friday 15th of September 2023.
- To be eligible, participants must be aged 18 and above. Deadline for application is the 10th of September.
- The 24 Hour Film Challenge screenings will be screened on Ireland’s largest arts centre screen, in the Auditorium in Solstice, at 4:45pm on the 17th Sept, with the winner being announced at 7:15pm.
Under 18’s – 60 Second Short Film Challenge
Meath Film Festival are extending the deadline for their 60 second short film competition! If you missed the initial deadline, you now have until the 10th of September to submit a film! Successful entries will be screened at this year’s Meath Film Festival!
- Open to all school-going filmmakers out there U18!
- Create a captivating film, keeping it within 70 seconds (including credits).
- Any subject, genre, style, or language – the sky’s the limit! Categories can include, but are not limited to: Documentaries, Animation, Experimental Films, Live Action, and Piece to Camera.
- Originality is key – we’re looking for your creative brilliance!
- By submitting via their Google Forms at MeathFilm.com, you agree to the Terms and Conditions, with parent/guardian permission.
- Get your entries in before the 10th of September!