WFT Ireland will once again be running our annual Short Film Showcase for 2023 to celebrate our members’ wonderful short films!
Submit your short film now for this special showcase and you can be in with the chance of winning some very special prizes which will be awarded for Best Writer, Best Documentary, Best Cinematography and Best Film.
We want your film!
The deadline for submissions is Friday 1st September at 5pm. There is no submission fee to enter your film, you just need to be a current WFT Ireland member.
We hope to show as many as possible, but there will not be time to screen all the films we receive, in which case we have some judging criteria which include production values, women on the crew, feminist theme/narrative, quality of vision and writing. We want to encourage filmmakers from all backgrounds and with unique voices to apply.
- The person submitting the short film MUST be a current WFT Ireland member. You can join WFT Ireland or renew your membership here.
- If you are the WFT member submitting a short, you must be the film’s Director, Writer, Producer or DOP.
- To qualify, the Director of the short MUST be a woman AND either the Producer, Writer or DOP must also be a woman too.
- Documentary, Experimental, Narrative and Animation films are all welcome.
- The short film must have been made in the last two years, ie. between 1st Jan 2021 – September 2023.
- To be eligible for competition in the Best Cinematography category, the DOP must be a woman.
- To be eligible for competition in the Best Writer category, the Writer must be a woman.
- In the case of all awards aside from Best Cinematography, the prizes will go to the WFT Member who submitted the film.
- In the case of the Best Cinematography award, the prizes will go to the DOP of the submitted film.
- The film must be 15 MINS OR UNDER. This includes the credits. Films longer than this can’t be considered as time slots are limited.
- If you are going to submit more than one film, create a separate entry each time.
- You must be able to submit your film in a suitable file/DCP for screening.
- We ask that you be able to deliver the film in the required format to the IFI.
Save the Date
This annual event, in partnership with the IFI and supported by CNAM, is followed by an awards ceremony, celebrating the talent of our members, and providing a platform for both emerging and established women’s voices in the industry.
The submission deadline for films is set for 1st September. We encourage all women members to submit their films by this date for a chance to win these career-advancing awards.
The Screening and Awards will take place on Thursday 30th November at the Irish Film Institute.
WFT would like to thank our sponsors and supporters for their generous prize donations:
- A Colour Grade for your next short-form project with Element Post-Production
- A year’s membership to the IFI
- A festival pass and marketplace application fee for Docs Ireland 2023
- A €500 bursary for your next film from Production People
- Writers Guild Membership
- Six Month Residency at the Tara Building
- Mentorship with Script Consultant WFT Member Eilish Kent